At the National Historic Cheesemaking Center, immerse yourself in a time before the days of automation and experience a fun and informative tour tailored to your time frame. Explore the areas compelling cheese and dairy history and how our local community has evolved into a top destination.
May 1 – October 31
Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sundays 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
$5.00 per person
Persons under the age of 16 admitted free when accompanied by an adult
- Tour of the National Historic Cheesemaking Museum providing the story of cheesemaking in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, with updated reference to today’s production.
- Video Presentation – “The Art of Cheesemaking”, learn the process of today’s cheesemaking process.
- Tour the Imobersteg Farmstead Cheese Factory, a century old cheese factory moved to our campus and restored. Visit on the second Saturday of June and observe retired and Master Cheesemakers as they make a 90 pound wheel of Swiss cheese, as it was done over a century ago.
- Gift Bag including Monroe and Green County information (brewery tours, events, attractions, parks, trails and etc.) and a gift from us.
- An opportunity to shop the “Milk House Gift Shop” for that special memento of your visit or for someone left behind at home.
Back to Plan A Visit